Sunday, February 27, 2022

Chapter 8: Small (and messy) Outline

What's Up! Welcome back, in this post I'll be giving you a look into where my head is at with my idea. 

Idea: A group of friends struggling with their own darkness but find a salvation/escape in each other.

I'm still thinking about how I'm going to map out each trailer, but I know I want one of them to build up the appealing aspects of the production (so this would focus on depicting the friendship) and the other to develop conflict.

Appealing trailer: I think I would want this trailer to open with some sort of conversation the main friends are having, probably them planning to do something like go on a car ride or late night swimming or something. Then it would cut to a montage of them doing that planned activity. I would want it to embody the vision people have when they think of teenage years. I would want the montage to pause and introduce brief conflict, like maybe the camera could show each character and a cut or voiceover or something to just barely introduce each problem they're dealing with as if they start thinking about it; and after that, I would want it to show how each character snaps out of it and just focuses on living in the moment and escaping reality.


Conflict trailer: For this trailer, I'm not sure on whether I want it to focus on one of the friends or all of the friends. I'm leaning towards all of the friends. It would start similar to the appealing trailer, where the friends are just hanging out. Then I want to indicate them parting ways to go home or something, and this is where I would cut from character to character introducing each conflict. I would probably end it by each character sort of paralleling each other by an outburst of anger of frustration and then they meet up to escape their problems.


As you can probably tell, this is pretty messy, but it honestly sums up the jumbled ideas in my head. I think as I develop each character and the conflict, as well as a full story outline, creating the trailer outlines will become easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction