Tuesday, February 8, 2022

The Brand Identity Project


What's up! In this posting I'm going ease you into A level and discuss one of the previous projects I've done this school year. 

This year we've done a few projects, but my favorite so far has to be the Brand Identity Project. In this project we created a brand for ourselves as people. Basically I presented myself, Biana Alexandre, as a brand. I remember being a bit confused and hesitant for this project at first because I had to actually think about myself and how I want to portray ME. It was difficult and if I’m being honest, I avoided the project for the first couple of days. 

I tried to tackle the Brand Identity Prism first when planning my project, but for some reason the Brand Identity Prism honestly confused me. So instead, I decided to come up with my logo. 



I used Canva to make my logo. I made this my logo because when I was thinking about who I was, I remembered my past self who would hide behind a smile. I wanted to present an ironic version of my past self by showing a smiley face covered by a frown, instead if a frown covered by a smile. I also wanted this to be a representation of it being okay to “frown” or feel negative emotions. Which played hand in hand with my slogan of “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”. Now stylistically, I’ve always liked the edgy band-type logos so I thought I could incorporate that with the X eyes. I also chose my name to be the mouth because this is a project based on me after all💀.

After creating my logo and slogan, I finally started working on the Brand Identity Prism and it actually started making sense, with the help of my peers. I was able to quickly fill it out and put it into my presentation.

Creating my video was fairly easy. I just compiled a bunch of pictures of myself, friends, and memes and put it into iMovie and bam! I liked the irony I created with my voiceover that was fairly deep and serious compared to my visuals which were a majority of fun pictures. I thought it encapsulated the masking you’re true feelings with happy stuff vibe.

Creating my presentation was by far the most time consuming part. I spent hours at my breakfast table finding pictures, gifs, memes, and fonts, and that’s not even an exaggeration. However, it was also the most fun part and I loved creating the aesthetic fir my presentation and keeping its consistency. I added a lot of kpop gifs and memes in my presentation because I felt as tho they were a great representation of me. I use them on a daily basis, I post them on social media constantly, and my friends have come to just expect them from me at this point. That’s another reason this was fun for me, because I got to share a part of me that makes me feel positive even during the negative.

I’m going to be honest I kind of winged my actual presentation in front of the class, but I felt like I was able to accurately present what I was trying to say even though I was nervous. One of the only things I regret however, is not showing my “thank you for watching” slide because it was honestly one of my favorite slides (along with the opening slide). Howeverrrrrr… you’ll get to see that with my presentation down below:

Brand Identity Presentation  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction