Friday, February 18, 2022

Chapter 2: Target Audience

 What's Up! In this posting, I'll be talking about the target audience of the genre of drama and the target audience for my project.

I know that generally drama is targeted towards females, teens, and young adults, but after some research, I've found out more information about the different target audiences drama can have. 

First off, the genre is pretty broad with a lot of subgenres, including but not limited to crime drama, historical drama, docudrama, sports dramas, and period dramas. Because of the variety of subgenres, there are different target audiences. Historical dramas, for example, may appeal to older male audiences (30+). On the other hand, crime dramas will rope in younger audiences and the niche group of people who like true crime(me). 

As we can see with my examples, Drama can bring a wide variety of people due to its various subgenres. But the content that drama entails also plays a part in bringing in a wide array of audiences. They portray real-life scenarios, making the content relatable to the viewers.

After researching the various subgenres and their target audiences, I've come to decide that my project will be a teen drama and target both male and female audiences aged 14-23.

https://prezi.com/9wa20igfsyqc/film-marketing-drama/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction