Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Chapter 5: Music Inspiration

 Don't you forget about me, don't don't don't don't. What's Up! I'm back again and in this post I'll be talking about the music and other things which have inspired me for this new portfolio project.

When T-Stok first introduced the portfolio project in the beginning of the year, I had already been thinking of ideas, I just wasn't set on it yet. But, one song that inspired me was "Tamed-Dashed" by the kpop group Enhypen. The song just gives summer vibes and I imagine friends having their movie moments together: late night drives, beach days, blasting music, those moments. I think this song really inspired me with the friendship aspect of my idea. Even if kpop isn't you're cup of tea, you can tell that the song is upbeat and fast paced and gives summer vibes (they literally say the word "summer" in the the chorus).

Tamed-Dashed (friendly reminder to turn on subtitles)


This next song is also by Enhypen, and it's titled "Attention, please!". This song also inspires me in the way that I imagine strong friendship when listening to this song. When I listen to "Attention, please!" I see a group of troubled teens letting loose and letting their worries go, living in the moment with each other. On the other hand, when I read the lyrics I feel like it would be cool to have the personality and inner thoughts of the song become a character. The song is about this person having a lot of attention and popularity, but the one person they want to give them attention just doesn't notice them and gives no care at all. I think that would be fun to play with, if I made a character the embodiment of this song. Just a thought though.

Attention, please! (another subtitle reminder)


The last song I was inspired by was released very recently, less than 2 weeks ago actually, and it's titles "Stay Alive". It's by 2 BTS members, Produced by SUGA of BTS and performed by Jungkook of BTS. The song helps inspire me to think of the conflict I want to represent in my trailers. The song's lyrics also match up with my idea. The song is very emotional, representing the feeling of darkness but the speaker of the song addresses "you" as their salvation, someone who keeps them going and in turn the speaker helps keep them going. I think this song really encapsulates my idea of a relationship where even though they're dealing with their own darkness, they are each other's salvation. This song helps put me into that creative mindset where I try to play out my story in my head.

Stay Alive  (I usually try to link music to the original artists however, the full version of the song is only on Apple Music, Spotify, etc. I will link the original promotional video released for the song which is the shorter version of it.)

Stay Alive Original Webtoon Promo


That's it for today's post, hope you enjoyed! BTW if you caught that Breakfast Club reference in the beginning, I give you a firm handshake. Byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction