Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Choosing a Title

 For the past few weeks I haven't put much though to what my title should be for this film opening. But then one day it just hit me as I was listening to one of my favorite songs. Let's look at the aspects of my idea before introducing it's name.

This film opening focuses on introducing my main character Persephone. Persephone is a 16 year old girl who bottles up her emotions and fails to focus on her mental health. She appears to be this airy, relaxed, happy person, and she can be, but in reality it's a mask that hides her true feelings. The film as a whole would build up to Persephone having a realization that she can't bottle herself up anymore and that she has to let her emotions out and take care of herself. Though she has had this sudden realization, her problems will not be magically solved because that's not how life goes. Now taking this general plot let's talk about this song I mentioned earlier.

This song is a solo song by Kim Seokjin aka Jin of BTS. The song discusses how he was hidden behind a smiling mask and how his true self was stuck in a storm, but he comes to realize that he should love himself and not mask how he's truly feeling or who he really is. Through all his problems, insecurities, and imperfections, he loves himself and will no longer hide behind a mask. I love this song and as I was listening to it, I realized how similar it was to the plot for my opening. 

The song name is "Epiphany", and inspired from this song, the name for my film is...drum roll please... Epiphany. Ta-daaaaaa. I hope that revealing of the title was dramatic enough because that's what I was going for hahahaha XD.

Here's a link to listen to "Epiphany" by Jin of BTS:   Epiphany


No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction