Wednesday, February 24, 2021

To Light or Not To Light

Today we're going to be talking about lighting, so let's get right into in.

I am going to use lighting to my advantage for this opening. I plan to film some shots outside as well as in my own room. When I shoot in my house and room, I want to use lowkey lighting and incorporate some colored lighting to represent her suppressed/bottled up feelings. When filming outside, I will take advantage of the broad day light to parallel Percy's airy, daydream-like, relaxed personality. If I shoot in locations that aren't my house or outside, I want to do my best to create three-point lighting. 

I believe creating colored lighting will be easy because I have LED lights in my room I can take advantage of. Also, by recommendation on some students in my class, I can use binder dividers and place them over lights to create colored lighting. Filming out side and getting natural lighting will be easy as well.

I believe it will be more difficult for me to create lowkey and three point lighting however, I did watch some videos that are very helpful in guiding me in the right direction of how to create these different lightings. Hopefully I'm able to execute the lighting well, but we'll see once I start filming.

Here are the videos I found most helpful when learning how to create the different types of lighting:
Lowkey Lighting Video: https://youtu.be/g4rF38M-SWs
Three-Point Lighting Video: https://youtu.be/EBGuQZo0g94



No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction