Thursday, February 18, 2021

Starting The Portfolio Project

 Starting from this posting onward, I will be taking you all with me through my process of creating my portfolio project. As of right now my brain is honestly BLANK as to what my story is going to be. However, I do know I am leaning towards the Coming of Age/Drama genre because, seeing as I'm a 16 year old girl, it would be easier for me. 

I did want to do horror at first because I have already done research on the genre, but I'm too much of a wimp to actually watch horror let alone create a well created horror film opening hahaha. Just the 2017 version of IT scared the bejeezus out of me, and don't get me started on Friday the 13th; I barely even watched it and I've been scarred since i was a child :"). So in short, horror probably isn't the best genre for me.





I was thinking about the fantasy genre as well since I have also researched this genre as well(this research can be seen under the posting The Fantasy Genre) however, it would be difficult for me to actually execute a fantasy that is in my head because I would want it to be in a completely different world, and I don't think I can get to a different dimension. Alice in Wonderland and Jumanji are some fantasy worlds that I would've liked to emulate if I had the resources and experience. So considering the world's current situation, my resources, and what is realistic it would be easier for me to create a film opening for the Coming of Age/Drama genre. 



To wrap this up, I'm definitely going to pick the Coming of Age/Drama genre XD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction