Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Recommendations of the Week!!!

 Hey Hey Heyyyy

I'm back this week to discuss some recommendations for you all. We'll dive into music, movies, and Anime today. 

Music:

Album-BE: by BTS

BTS' album BE dropped November 20th, and if I'm being completely honest I cried like a wimp listening to it, but also danced like a psycho. I recommend listening to the whole album but I'll be giving a brief intro to 3 of my favorites on the album. 

The first track is Life Goes On, this song talks about the worlds current situation and how even though this is a rough moment that "life goes on". 

Life Goes On: https://youtu.be/-5q5mZbe3V8


The next track I want to talk about is Blue & Grey. This song, in my opinion, is the saddest song on the album. I cried like a newborn baby listening to it. It mentions the struggles of anxiety and depression and wanting to be happier. "I just want to be happier 이것도 큰 욕심읽ㄱ가?" Meaning "I just want to be happier is this a big/great greed?" I think this lyric in the song speaks for itself.

Blue & Grey: https://youtu.be/amnspvOH-EE


The last track I'll mention is Fly To My Room. This song is a VIBE. I don't think there's much more that I can say. You'll just have to listen to it and vibe with me.

내 방을 여행 하는 법: https://youtu.be/YSuOwf24psk


Movies:

Jingle Jangle: Netflix

Jingle Jangle is a new Christmas movie on Netflix that I absolutely love. It's about a washed up toymaker/inventor whose granddaughter comes to visit him. This movie is different that the usual Grinch who hate Christmas and then has a change of heart(although How The Grinch Stole Christmas is my favorite Christmas movie). Being half black I love the fact that the main protagonists are African American as well. I highly recommend this movie, especially if you're trying to get in the Christmas spirit.


Anime:

Attack On Titan: Hulu(up to date), Netflix(1st season), Crunchyroll(up to date)

Attack On Titan is the Anime that got me immersed into Anime. Sure I watched Pokémon: Indigo League and Dragon Ball Z, but hasn't everybody? Attack on Titan is an Anime on the darker side with a lot of blood and gore, hence why it is rated TV-MA. If you're of the feint of heart I don't recommend. HOWEVER, if you can take it this is a MUST Anime to watch. The story is about humanity who live inside enormous walls that protect them from giant man-eating humanoids, called Titans. Eren Yeager, the main protagonist(antagonist?), vows to bring peace and restore humanity after Titans infiltrated his home city of Shinganshina and his mother was eaten.(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan?scrlybrkr=2e5eb943)

The storyline, development, action, and characters make this Anime amazing. We come to love characters like Levi Ackerman and Hange Zoe, however we have to remember that no character is safe in this show ;). Currently there are 3 seasons, but luckily the 4th comes out December 7th. SO GET HYPEDDDD!!!!!! The Anime is based off the manga, so all my manga lovers should check that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction